Home » Departments » Utilities


New Water Rates effective October 1, 2016.



The City of Florence provides water, wastewater, and garbage services to the citizens of Florence. The Public Works Department is responsible for all water and wastewater issues. Report any break immediately by calling 512-818-1683.

All services for water, wastewater, and garbage charges are billed the 1st of every month. Payment for services are due by the 20th of each month. Payments can be made in person at Florence City Hall, Union State Bank, mailed to our mailing address, or online at www.florencetexpmts.com. The City of Florence contracts with Clawson Disposal to provide garbage services to citizens of Florence.

How to Establish a New Account
You may download the application by clicking here, fill the application out in its entirety and bring it with you to Florence City Hall or you may complete the application in person. If the application is for residential, you must list all responsible adults who will reside at the service address. You must also provide a copy of a lease contract, deed, or purchase contract, etc., and valid identification. The application will need to be signed by all responsible adults. All balances must be paid from prior residences before service is established. You will be required to pay a deposit of $250.00 (effective 10/01/2014) before service begins.

View Garbage Rates
Household garbage is collected once a week on Monday. New rates effective August 2013.

ACH Payments (Bank Draft)
The City of Florence offers automatic draft for utility customers. Payments will be drafted from your account on the 15th of each month (If the 15th falls on a holiday or weekend, your account will be drafted the next business). This authorization will remain in full force and effect until the City of Florence has received written notification from the account holder of its termination in such time and in such manner as to afford the City of Florence and DEPOSITORY a reasonable opportunity to act on it. Please click here for Authorization Agreement Form.

Late Payments
Payments are due by the 20th of each month. If the 20th falls on a holiday or weekend, your bill will be due the next business day. Failure to pay your account in full will cause a $10.00 penalty to be added to your account. If unpaid by the last day of the month, your account is subject to disconnect and a $40.00 fee added. Reconnects are scheduled only after consumer has paid the bill in full or completed a Promise to Pay Form, made the minimum payment required and paid the reconnect fee. A payment made with a bad check will be treated the same as non-payment. A handling fee of $25.00 will be charged and is payable by cash or money order on all returned checks.

Changes in Service

Consumers may request the following changes to their account by completing the applicable form-

Mailing Address Change Form

Name Change Form

Utility Service Transfer Request Form to Another Individual

Utility Service Transfer Request Form to Another Address

Consumers who request a disconnection of service must leave a forwarding address where the final bill can be sent. The Consumer’s deposit will be applied to the balance or refunded if the deposit is more that the amount owed. You may download the disconnection form by clicking here.