Eula Hunt Beck Florence Public Library
Sorry, closed again!
The library has closed again, temporarily, until the numbers of virus cases drop. If you need to check-out books, please use our online catalog to reserve them or call (254) 793-2672 and leave a message.
The outside book drop is open, so please return your books and DVDs there. If you need to pick up a summer reading packet, some one will be at the library Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 – 3. Just knock on the door.
Florence Public Library Summer Reading Program
Monday, June 15 – Friday, July 31
Imagine your story this summer at the library!
Read books, do activities and earn chances for prizes.
– Register for summer reading at the library, register by phone (254-793-2102) or email the library at email@example.com
– Pick up a packet at the library with a reading log and other items.
– Start reading! For every 10 minutes you read, color in a circle on the reading log. Someone can read to you too – that counts!
– Each Friday from June 19 – July 31, let us know how many minutes you have read that week. You may come into the library, call us or email us. The top three readers each week will get a choice of a gift certificate to a local business!
– For each 60 minutes you log, bring in your log (or email a photo of it to the library) and you will get a ticket to put in a drawing for the grand prize of your choice at the end of July.
– Each week we’ll also have activity packets you can pick up and complete. Send us a photo of your completed activity and get another ticket for the grand prize drawing.
Please reply to the 2020 Census! It only takes a few minutes to reply online so please make sure that you and your family are counted! The 2020 Census data affects the distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funding, your representation in Congress and more. Responses are confidential.
We have tax forms!
We have 1040 and 1040-SR forms, including instruction booklets available to pick up.
Story time, Music with Mar and all classes are on hold for now. Please check back frequently for updates on this.
Florence Library Book Club
Book club will meet on Tuesday, June 30 by Zoom at 6:30 p.m. Nine Years Among the Indians by Herman Lehman is the book for this month.