Full -Time Starting Salary: $42,021
Essential duties and responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Patrols an assigned beat by bicycle, car, or on foot to deter crime and detect violations of law.
- Makes arrests of persons violating laws and ordinances; inspects residential, commercial, and other buildings on assigned beat for indications of criminal activity; responds to emergency calls, routine complaints, and alarm system signals; and takes all necessary and appropriate law enforcement actions.
- Conducts open observation for traffic law violators; directs traffic; writes traffic and parking citations; questions drivers, witnesses, or others in connection which possible violations of the law; takes written statements; checks NCIC and TCIC for information on suspects; and accompanies prisoners to jail or court.
- Conducts preliminary investigations at crime scenes prior to arrival of supervisor; testifies in court; writes required reports; maintains files; and answers phones.
- May be assigned specialized duties as criminal investigator, motor officer, bicycle officer, or specialized team member.
Required Education, Degrees, Certificates, and/or License:
- Must be a certified peace officer in the State of Texas.
- Must have made passing scores on all applicable entrance tests.
- Applicant must have a minimum of twelve (12) months uniformed police patrol experience.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with a safe driving record (no more than 3 moving violations in the past 36 months); no record of DWI, DUI, or license suspension within the past five years.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and a citizen of the United States.
Please complete a Personal History Statement to be considered for the open position.
You can submit the PHS packet in person to:
106 S. Patterson Avenue
Florence, Texas 76527
If you mail the PHS packet, send to:
Florence Police Department
PO Box 430
Florence, TX 76527