Now individuals and organizations can show they care about their community and the environment by adopting a street!
The Adopt-a-Street program encourages individuals, civic organizations, and others to help beautify their community by volunteering their services to collect litter alongside Florence streets.
• It’s an easy way for groups to help the community.
• It makes a visible impact on your local environment.
• It helps build community and group pride.
• It reduces litter cleanup costs and saves taxpayers money.
• Cleanups must be conducted quarterly.
• Adoptees agree to maintain a one-mile stretch of roadway for one year.
• Group or individual must conduct one clean-up before sign can be installed.
• Group or individual must agree with adoption terms and sign agreement.
• Documentation and advanced notice must be submitted before clean-up activity.
• Adoptees agree to participate in a “Keep Florence Clean” event.
Program Support- The City of Florence will provide the following:
• Installation of “Adopt-A-Street” sign with entity’s name.
• Supplies needed to conduct clean up (trash bags and high-visibility vests).
• Recognition of service to community; placement of adoptees photo City website.
If you or your group are interested in participating, please complete the following packet.