Driving Safety Course
Defensive Driving Course Affidavit Form
You must have this request postmarked within 30 calendar days of your citation date. You must have a valid Texas driver’s license or be active military or military dependent, valid liability insurance in which your name is listed on the policy. Only “moving violations” are eligible but you cannot take it if the violation is:
- Speeding 25 mph or more above the posted speed limit or speeds greater than 94 mph
- No insurance or failure to maintain financial responsibility
- Leaving the scene of a collision
- Passing a school bus
- Cited while driving in a construction zone when workers were present
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License
- You have taken this course in the past 12 months from the date of violation
I understand that I am making a plea of no contest and I must provide the court with a certified copy of my driving record and pay $10.00 for this record (Once we receive your request, we will send you the application or you may go online to www.texas.gov to order your driving record for $12.00, Type 3A**You are not required to submit a driving record from DPS if you do not have a Texas Driver’s License**, pay state fees of $144.00 or $169.00if cited in a school zone, a copy of my driver’s license and/or military ID, and a copy of my liability insurance. I understand that I am required to pay the fees for the driver’s safety course as well. I understand that none of the fees are refundable even if I decide not to take DSC or I do not complete the required paperwork and turn into the court within the 90-day period. I understand that this request will be revoked should I not follow these terms and I will be required to pay the fine in full. NO EXTENSIONS FOR THIS OPTION!
This form must be notarized and postmarked by your appearance date. If the form is not notarized, we cannot accept your paperwork. You will need to include the following documents with your request-
- State fees of $144.00 or $169.00if cited in a school zone payable to the Florence Municipal Court. See payment information tab.
- Copy of your Valid Driver’s License and/or Military ID
- Copy of your Valid Liability Insurance (Insurance must be in your name)
To view State approved Courses, please click on the following link.