- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce created a Save Small Business Initiative to do its part in supporting small businesses, workers and families. The initiative provides $5,000 supplemental grants to small employers. As part of the initiative, the U.S. Chamber also is including a campaign to provide resources and webinars, advocacy, polling, and a call to action. https://www.uschamber.com/save-small-business
- The CARES Act established programs to help address the COVID-19 crisis, including the Paycheck Protection Program, EIDL Loan Advance, SBA Express Bridge Loans, and SBA Debt Relief. The SBA website has the full info you need here https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options.
- News sources have reported this funding has run out, but there are signs a second round of funding may be passed. Read more here: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/493018-small-business-lending-funds-nearly-depleted
- Main Street Lending Program- Federal Reserve
The Williamson County Commissioners Court met on May 1st to discuss distribution of the $93 million the County received from the Federal Government’s CARE’S Act. Listen to the video of the meeting and note what businesses are eligible and what information is going to be required to apply for these grants. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. $25,000,000 will be distributed in Phase 1 of this process.
Here’s the link to the meeting:
July 21, 2020- The City Council reinstated the suspension of late fees and disconnect fees on the water bills until October 31, 2020 due to COVID-19.
During these difficult times, there are many in our community in need of assistance. The Williamson County Commissioners Court has approved Wilco Forward Phase III to provide rent and utility assistance to residents that are in need due to issues caused by COVID-19. Residents of your community who are looking for assistance can be referred to The Caring Place at 512.943.0700. Ginna O’Connor is the Executive Director and contact for the agency in your area. Their website is https://www.caringplacetx.org/covid-19.html
The Caring Place will follow the criteria below to assess eligibility:
- All residences assisted must be located in Williamson County
- Up to the rent amount based on the lease agreement plus late fees for up to a total of 3 months
- For approved applications, the applicant must request additional funds after the first month of assistance on an as needed basis
- Up to $1,500 of utility assistance per residence on an as needed basis
- Applicant must show evidence that the assistance is needed due to issues caused by COVID-19.
We hope this assistance will give those you hear of who are seeking help, a measure of relief from the hardships they are experiencing.
Commissioner Valerie Covey
3010 Williams Dr. Suite 153
Georgetown, Texas 78628
Office (512) 943-3370
Fax (512) 943-3376